What better time to get an overview of what the Arlington and Alexandria public schools have to offer holistic families?
Even if you might be years away from school or planning to homeschool, our March 15 meeting will give you a flavor for what is happening in public schools in our area.
Arlington parent and APS Sustainability Committee Member Miriam Gennari will speak to Arlington County while Alexandria parent and Nourish Schools co-founder Katherine Sumner and ACPS Schoolyard Coordinator Wendy Sparrow will tell us what is happening in Alexandria City.
Our planned Fairfax speaker will not be able join us due to a family emergency, but we welcome Fairfax parents and invite any teachers or parents in Fairfax or Falls Church City to come share your experiences and join in the conversation.
Topics we plan to touch on include:
- How are schools making efforts to be environmentally friendly?
- What kind of outside experiences to children have?
- What gardening opportunities are available?
- What do children eat or learn about nutrition or local Farm-to-Table eating?
- What kind of emphasis is placed on media and testing rather than hands-on learning?
- How does it work to "apply" to go to one school over another?